Boort Grain Co-op Safety Statement
Safety is the first priority in all our activities. We are committed to implementing, developing and improving strategies, management systems and processes to ensure that all our activities uphold the highest level of safety performance.
Our commitment is to:
- Develop and embed a safety culture in all our activities that recognises the importance and value of effective safety management and acknowledges at all times that safety is paramount;
- Clearly define for all staff their accountabilities and responsibilities for the development and delivery of safety strategy and performance;
- Minimize the risks associated with operations to a point that is as low as reasonably practicable/achievable;
- Actively develop and improve our safety processes to conform to world-class standards;
- Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
- Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate safety information and training, are competent in safety matters and are only allocated tasks commensurate with their skills;
- Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained resources are available to implement safety strategy and policy;
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic objectives and/or targets;
- Achieve the highest levels of safety standards and performance in all our activities;
- Continually improve our safety performance;
- Conduct safety and management reviews and ensure that relevant action is taken.